Visit LPS online at http://www.lps.org/
This page can be found at http://osx.lps.org/index.html?
or by using the QR code to the right.
Hour of Code puts emphasis on computer science education in schools, community
Hour of Code is a key promotional and educational part of Computer Science Education Week, which is happening now.
In Lincoln Public Schools, 27 schools and thousands of students are participating by coding for one hour. Coding is using text commands to instruct a computer on what actions to take
The Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development sponsored a city event that included LPS students from our CLC Coding Clubs at West Lincoln, Huntington, and Saratoga elementary schools, as well as the Information Technology Focus Program, Lefler Middle School. See http://www.selectlincoln.org/hourofcode for more information.
Join the Conversation!Assessments, Calendars, Mentors, Communicating with Teachers, and much more
Informational presentations about the Lincoln Public Schools bond issue – set for Feb. 11, 2014 – will be held in January throughout the community. The Lincoln Board of Education is asking Lincoln citizens to consider a $153 million bond issue that will fund projects at schools and classrooms across the community.
- Lincoln Board of Education calls for special bond issue for 2014
- Fredstrom students sing at tree-lighting ceremony
- Hour of Code puts emphasis on computer science education in schools, community
- Laying of Wreaths tradition continues Dec. 14
- LHS students create blankets to share
- Q&A with Jesse Andres, coach of city robotics champions at Goodrich
- Holiday-themed recipes from FCS teachers
- December 2013 Menus
- Community News: December 2013
- LPS Athletics Schedule
- Student and staff honors
- LPS High School Music/Theater Calendar
- More Headlines...